Some time ago, on a lark, I wrote a Drupal module called Google Search. It was mostly so I could experiment with the then-new Forms API, and was one of those "one night" projects we all do from time to time.
I was just about to actually install it for a change when I noticed that, lo and behold, Google discontinued their Site Search service sometime in the past two years. Oopsies. But that's OK, because they have a new service called Co-op Custom Search Engine. And, lo and behold, there's already a Drupal module for it. Neat!
So if anyone wants to take over the old Google Search module, they're welcome to it. Or, mfb, if you want the namespace I'm happy to merge the modules and turn it over to you. I have no further plans for it.